Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Stuffed chicken

We liked the ginger/onion Salmon so much that I decided to give it a shot with chicken breasts.  That day I basically put together all the meals for the day while I was making breakfast.  I was getting ready to go to California so I had a lot to do that day and knew Kevin and the boys would be on their own.

I made our typical bacon and eggs for breakfast with some toast.  At the same time I sliced some tomato, onion, lettuce for hamburgers.  I pulled out a few patties from the freezer and some buns and they grilled their own burgers for lunch.  Conner made some baked beans with canned Van De Kamps but fixed up the way grandma does with some ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.

Then for dinner I took 4 chicken breasts, filleted them open almost in half.  Then I stuffed them with the same mixture that I had made previously for the salmon.  1/2 of a medium onion diced small, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1T ginger finely chopped, 1T garlic, 2 T oil.  I spread that in the chicken breasts and closed them up then put them in a shallow dish and poured the marinate over the top.  The marinate is 2T honey, 2T soy sauce, 2T lime juice.   They marinated all day then we grilled them.  They were good but the flavors are definitely better with salmon.  To accompany it I took the left over Quinoa (about 3 cups) and mixed it with 2T olive oil, 1 cup diced tomato and 1 cup diced cucumber to make a salad like the Couscous salad that mom makes.  I added 2T Greek seasoning and a bit of green onion as well.  We had coleslaw as well. 

I didn't take any pictures of these meals though because I forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment