Friday, August 21, 2009

Thanks to Mrs. R!!!!!

Last year C had an amazing writing teacher and she made them work VERY hard! There were times he was so frustrated he cried but he wanted her to be proud of him so he kept working, hopefully living up to her expectations. Anyway, today's literature block assignment was to write a riddle poem about an animal, at least 2, 4 line stanzas.

C literally *skipped* into the office while I was working and said "Because of Mrs. R this assignment is going to be a piece of cake!" and he went back to work, coming back with his finished poem in no time! So all her hard work paid off! And he wrote 3 stanzas, not just 2.

Here is his poem:

Who Am I?

Four legs and a tail,

Claws like a nail.
I have a triangle face,
And I often look into space.

Brown, black and tan hair,
I'm not all that rare.

I chase mice on the floor,
When I lose one I want more.

When I am mad I hiss and GRRRR,

But when I am happy I purr.
Sometimes I am shy,
Who Am I?



He loves to write and read poetry and that was something that came from last year. I am sure you can tell that I am proud of him but more than that I cannot get over how excited he is to be learning and doing well! And it is coming easily instead of with so many battles like the past.

By the way, the answer to his question?

1 comment: