Monday, December 5, 2011

An easy breakfast

Sunday was Castle Rock Special Meeting and I wanted to do an easy breakfast since I would be fixing lunches etc. and trying to get out the door. I put together a caserole the night before that turned out to be pretty good but was one of those "sort of" disasters. It took much longer to cook than the recipe indicated so we were waiting on our breakfast, but I believe I will make it again on a work morning since breakfast is the hardest part of those days.

Breakfast enchiladas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
¼ pound chopped ham
1/3 green chilis from a can
1/3 cup chopped onions
8 small tortillas (corn or flour)
4 eggs
1 cup milk
¼ cup salsa
1 T flour
Ripe olives sliced
Combine cheese, ham, onions and peppers. Place cheese mixture into open tortillas and roll up. Place seam side down in 11x7 baking dish. Beat eggs, milk, salsa anf flour together and pour over tortillas. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until firm (It took over an hour for ours). Eggs will be inside of the tortillas!

These were really delicious and there was enough for 2 breakfasts for our family of 4. I made it a bit more healthy using low fat cheese and whole grain tortillas but it was quite good.

I am sorry that I don't have any pictures of this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment