Saturday, December 3, 2011


I think I can get this cooking thing figured out to where I am only in the kitchen really once a day except to tie things together! I have been researching a lot of recipes and have decided that if my kids are going to eat here they are going to help with meals!

Thursday's lunch was leftover potato soup for the kids and the last baked potato with a can of chili over the top for Dad. I got to go out for a "girls lunch" with some of my friends and have to admit that my lunch was a very small salad and a very large slice of gingerbread cake with eggnog sauce on top!

For Dinner Thursday night I left Keenan with instructions for getting the chicken in the oven when we left for piano lessons. All he had to do was take it out of the package and dump the half bottle of balsamic vinaigrette on it and put it in the oven at 300 for a couple hours. Then he peeled 5 carrots and washed 5 stalks of celery so when I got home I could make steamed veggies. Added a package of Pasta-Roni and there was dinner.

Recipes for Thursday Dinner -
Chicken
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 bottle of Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinegrette salad dressing
Bake at 300 for 2 hours

Veggies
5 carrots
5 stalks of celery
1 medium onion
1/4 head of cabbage sliced
1 head of broccoli
All veggies are sliced on the diagonal into about 1/2 inch thick slices.
1 cup chicken broth
Greek seasoning
Saute onions for a few minutes on medium in some Pam. Then layer the rest of the veggies in a large flat skillet or wok. Pour chicken broth over the top, sprinkle with seasoning and cover tightly with lid. Turn to high and steam for 3-5 minute until veggies are just warm through


We had enough chicken left over so lunch the next day was chopped up chicken and cheese and onions in tortillas, either rolled up or quesidilla style, whichever they wanted. I didn't want the fat of all that cheese so I simply had a repeat of the night before.

With about 1/2 of one chicken breast left - breakfast will be coming from that.

Dinner Friday night was just Taco Bell as mom was tired and had work to do and dad offered to buy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment